During our time living in Mexico City, we happened upon this little French bistro that had this AMAZING curried chicken salad with a cranberry chutney. Words can’t express my love for this salad; It became my pregnancy craving for munchkin #1. When we moved back to the states a few months later and I was pregnant with munchkin #2, I started with the crazy cravings again. After much fiddling with the recipe, I came up with my own version that satisfied my craving but also was a bit healthier. It has since become a client and family favorite!
This salad has no mayonnaise, is packed with veggies and can be simplified by using a rotisserie chicken… because honestly who can resist those $5 gems. I get one every week at the store. Every week. I even know what time our local stores finish roasting them so I don’t do my weekly shopping too early. #embarrassing 😉
I digress… onto the purpose of this post, THE RECIPE:
- 1 rotisserie Chicken picked and chopped or 4 chopped and cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 zucchini cubed
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup craisins or dried cherries
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except yogurt and curry powder to a large mixing bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt and sprinkle the curry powder only on top of the yogurt
- Mix curry powder into yogurt and then mix all contents of bowl until well distributed. (You can also mix the yogurt and curry powder in a small bowl first. It helps to evenly distribute the powder and absorb faster) Add more yogurt if you like a creamier texture.
- Serve anyway you want 🙂 I usually add some chopped spinach and eat it as a salad or on toasted whole grain pita bread.
*This will make approximately 6-8 servings. It lasts in the fridge for about 3 days so we use it all of the time for lunches for the week. Prep it on Sunday and you have lunch until Thursday!
*Dairy Free Option: You can also use 1/2 of an avocado instead of the yogurt to make this dairy free. Smash the avocado in a separate bowl and add curry powder before mixing together with other ingredients.